Pads n Plugs

Got something you want? Then this ones for you!

Pads n Plugs

Postby Porsche917 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 am

Just wondering where the cheapest place is to buy Carbonne Lorraine pads (I know the EBC pads are cheaper) but I've 'grown up' using CL's - also what's the best spark plug to run in these little 'ole engines?
Cheers
Geoff
Porsche917

Re: Pads n Plugs

Postby Steve b » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Spark plugs, whatever it says in the haynes manual!

CL.s well it used to be G but I guess its Demon Tweeks now :(

Steve
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." ~ Stirling Moss
Steve b

Postby A.Kirkham » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey up Geoff....hope you're well. Regards plugs - I've always used NGK or Bosch super; standard plugs. Whatever you do don't fit race plugs - no good at all for our 924 engines as they'll muck up quick and you'll have trouble starting the engine. As for pads; give EBC yellow a go mate, honestly you won't regret it. No need to change the discs if they're in good condition, just give the surfaces a quick rub with rubbing paper and a spray with brake cleaner aerosol.
AK
A.Kirkham

Postby dhmotorsport » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:44 pm

The problem is finding them though, the yellows seem to be getting really hard to come by. I'm debating switching to CL's just due to stock availability.
dhmotorsport

Postby Adam Southgate » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

I get my YellowStuff's from here:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m31b0s3087p52 ... rake_Pads_

£50 for a set.

How much are CLs?

Adam
Adam Southgate

Postby Porsche917 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 am

Wow - appreciate the advice. I understand that the EBC's require careful 'management' to get them properly 'broken in' - CL's just 'go' straight out of the box.....but at a price (about £135.00 a set Adam).
So, what's the verdict on bedding in? Steve and Hannsers are keen CL supporters, Jay uses EBC's (but it's coupled to a rumour that any brake pad would be fine for Jay as he never uses the middle pedal anyway), as does Alastair and I assume the Victoria garage 'team'. So looks like a split jury...sure like the price on those EBC's!
Cheers
Geoff
Porsche917

Postby Steve b » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 am

Theres a pattern here

Drivers with skinny weak legs like CL's drivers who can brake like fred flintstone line EBC's!!!
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." ~ Stirling Moss
Steve b

Postby A.Kirkham » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 am

Glad I'm in the Fred Flintstone category! I have actually considered cutting a big hole in the floor so I can "pedal" it myself for a bit of extra speed!.......well it doesn't say you can't in the regs!!!
A.Kirkham

Postby A.Kirkham » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:18 am

Oh, and the yellow EBCs now come with a bedding in surface - I find that I can stick them straight in and they're fine from the word go (it certainly was the case a few years ago before they added the bedding in surface that they'd take forever before any bite)
AK
A.Kirkham

Postby Adam C » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi Geoff

I too am a Flintstone and use the EBC's, but I think I'm the only one in 'Team Victoria' that does.....Alfred, Sean and Mark all use different pads (but not the CL's) and all swear by their repsective choices, but who to listen to?! Also, agree with AK re. bedding the EBC's in, there is no special method or trickery required with these newer ones.

Anyway, i know a place where we can get EBC's and 'I give you good price'! better if we do a bulk order though.....so, the decision, my friend, is yours! Are you a Flintstone, or Popeye's Olive Oil?! :?:

cheers
Adam
Adam C

Next

Return to Items Wanted