924 Rear Wheel Bearings

Where do I put this spare bolt? Good old technical help and advice from those in the know?

924 Rear Wheel Bearings

Postby James A » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi Guys,

Could anybody give me a quick 'how to' for changing rear wheel bearings. I have the bits, just seems a bit more complicated that changing the fronts and it's not something I want to mess up!

Also my first post in the forum, pretty impressed with the amount of stuff in the members bit that I hadn't had access to previously!

Good luck to everyone at Rockingham, gutted I'm not going but I want to get the car right for Croft!

Cheers, James
James A

Re: 924 Rear Wheel Bearings

Postby Steve b » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:02 pm

James

Give me a call I'll talk you thru it

1st off take the drive shaft drum and bearing cover plates off, remove the big circlip that holds the rear bearing in.

Its all in the haynes manual mate! or have you already burnt that to keep ypur student flat warm!!!

Steve
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." ~ Stirling Moss
Steve b

Postby James A » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Cheers Steve!

I haven't actually started the task yet. I'll start off with that and go from there. Yeah I need to order another one, I think I probably chucked it with the rest of all my University books in the excitement of finishing!
James A

Postby Steve b » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Ironic....that the one book you threw away is the only one you are actually likely to look at after you leave university!

Still got all of my uni books......in a box in the loft!

Now my bookshelf is full of books about race car preparation and how to drive faster! If you havent read Jackie Stewarts book yet you should! and for pure inspiration and a giggle you cant go far wrong with Perry Mcarthys book flat out flat broke!

Steve
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." ~ Stirling Moss
Steve b

Postby karlio » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 pm

james, you have mail.

cheers
karl
karlio

Return to Toolbox