Driving tallent

Got something you want? Then this ones for you!
A.Kirkham

Re: Driving tallent

Postby A.Kirkham » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:04 am

I'm with you there Hen.....I never wore gloves until a couple of years ago.....feel just not the same.....but getting used to them now :shock:
And don't you just love the Youtube comments......armchair racing experts :roll: .

sharpe64

Postby sharpe64 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 pm

i know Alistair! I would love to see them in a racing car....

i will try to find out when the tv programme is on, compeltely forgot about it to be honest....
One of the Sharpe Brothers....Misunderstood.....
Its been a great year for me, proven what i needed to, won the races that mattered, moving back to what i know..........

BQF

Postby BQF » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:38 pm

sharpe64 wrote:i know Alistair! I would love to see them in a racing car....

i will try to find out when the tv programme is on, compeltely forgot about it to be honest....

Who are all these nobbers on Youtube posting horseshit about overcorrecting etc? twats.

That said, I'm fairly confident I would have taken my hands off the wheel just before whacking the tyre wall ;)
Stephen Potts - Officially a quicker driver than David Coulthard (TM)

sharpe64

Postby sharpe64 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:16 pm

I know Steve, should have taken my hands off....it was 4 yrs ago....look at the helmet i was wearing....it was in the days where you could race with a bike helmet if it had a blue sticker on.....! i have a collection of about 5 helmets, that i wore.....pick them up dirt cheap in those days.....
Its been a great year for me, proven what i needed to, won the races that mattered, moving back to what i know..........

BQF

Postby BQF » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:00 pm

sharpe64 wrote:I know Steve, should have taken my hands off....it was 4 yrs ago....look at the helmet i was wearing....it was in the days where you could race with a bike helmet if it had a blue sticker on.....! i have a collection of about 5 helmets, that i wore.....pick them up dirt cheap in those days.....

I saw your hands go tight around the wheel just before impact and I was fearful!

Do you wear a HANS device now? You should do - everyone should....

sharpe64

Postby sharpe64 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:44 pm

I was just still thinking to the very last moment that if I could at least turn it to the side , it would be better than a front impact! Hence the hands on the wheels till the last moment... To be honest I was quite used to these predicaments, as I think that season, my head went through the side drivers window at Mallory Park and I had an open face helmet on! Not hurt though!

Should really wear a Hans, but I wouldn't get on with one, as Will found out when he bought one...it just sits in his bloody bag every race....

Perhaps it should be mandatory though, it would certainly help with some bad accidents...

Boxster66

Postby Boxster66 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 am

HANS will be mandatory for sure soon, but until then mine will sit in my bag as you say....silly really but i cant be restricted like that...

Steve b

Postby Steve b » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:23 am

Hated my HANS device when I firsts got it, now it feels strange without it!

I guess the thing you DON'T want to be thinking as you fly towards the barrier is 'I wish I had put my HANS device on, the one thats sitting in my bag'!!!

Its similar to push bike helmets there was a time when it was considered a bit wimpy to wear a helmet....now your a nobber if you dont!!

SB

sharpe64

Postby sharpe64 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Steve, if i had my way, i wouldnt wear seatbelts or a helmet! Look at these old guys who drive old cars, they havent got any of that, if they roll over, they fall out.....simple.....

Proper adrenalin!!!

BQF

Postby BQF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 pm

sharpe64 wrote:Steve, if i had my way, i wouldnt wear seatbelts or a helmet! Look at these old guys who drive old cars, they havent got any of that, if they roll over, they fall out.....simple.....

Proper adrenalin!!!

Well, quite. Thats the sort of attitude to driving that the famous Nascar driver Dale Earnhardt Sr, had - keep the belts loose, keep the straps a-dangling on the helmet, hell keep the god-dang overalls open a little - it sure is hot-diggety in them there Nas-Cars!!! Yee-ha!!! :lol:

...and he thought that right up until the moment he was killed instantly by a basilar skull fracture at Daytona. :cry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Earnhardt

I'll keep my belts tight, strap my helmet up, and always wear a HANS.

Return to “Items Wanted”